Saturday, May 22, 2010

Departure Day

It's D-Day - the day I take off for London. All my bags are packed and I'm pretty sure I haven't forgotten anything.


Lots of people have asked me if I'm excited and my answer is "Not yet". It still hasn't happened, part of it is probably because I'm going back to London where I'm so familiar - I think we are even staying in the same room. And I think the other part is my complete and utter lack of preparation - I don't even know what to be excited for.

What I do know is that I'll be leaving London next Saturday (May 29th) and flying directly to Ulaan Bataar (capital of Mongolia FYI) which means "Red Hero" in Mongolian. From there...I have absolutely NO idea. I will book a hotel for my first few nights in the capital to get organized, get over jet-lag and get my bearings. I would like to do a 3-4 day trek in rural Mongolia either through the Gobi or in the steppes. But, again, no idea.

And a bit more of what I know - June 15th - July 14th will be in Russia because that is when my visa is valid. And, then China from July 14th - August 15th when I head home.

So - later dudes - I'll catch up with you from England.

No comments:

Post a Comment