Monday, February 28, 2011

Home Sweet Next!

Yes, I made it home. I survived the wilds of Africa and didn't get robbed, mugged, raped, pillaged, killed, maimed, or any other nightmare that the folks at home wished upon me. I survived with flying colours and have just finished a day nestled in my couch and all of my laundry.

Clean clothes can only mean one thing: Next!

The next destination will likely be Bolivia and Peru to do the Inca trail and hang out with some gringos. It's a bit of a beaten track for me but with limited time (only 5 weeks) and a need to be a bit more online than Ethiopia was it seems like a good compromise. And no jet lag! There are always benefits.

But I love, like passionately love Africa. Before heading to Ethiopia I thought it was West Africa that I loved because of the people I had met but it's pretty much the entire continent (at least the north) that I am head over heels for.

I will be back there soon and I'll test my love again by trying the south or east or something a bit different. I have a feeling that my love is true.

1 comment:

  1. No one "WISHED" you raped, murdered, or anything else along those lines... You can think of it more as your little common sense angels just trying to keep you on your toes!! ;)

    ReplyDelete