Before I embark on a big trip I spend the day before recognizing the last of things that I appreciate. The countries I go to aren't famous for their luxuries, so I learn to love the last time:
- I will actually use soft toilet paper
- I will use a nice, big and fluffy towel
- I can stand naked outside of the shower
- I will drink out of the tap
- I can spread eagle on a bed with clean and soft sheets and actual pillows
And the last time, for three months at least, that I can spend alone with my thoughts and be able to know that home is very much what I have made here in Edmonton.